Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week Recap

Ok so this is new to me, posting no photos!!!
So a review of the week without photos, you'll have to just use your imaginations ;)
We started off on Monday with a super out of sorts, high temp and grizzly as gnome. Got a terrible night with him, booked a doc appointment for Tuesday. He had a sore on his lip Tues morn, half an hour after walking out of the Doc's he was literally covered in spots! He had foot n mouth, great I thought. My sister was due to come down with her five kids at the end of the week. Did this mean I had to cancel!!
By Thursday he had perked up and was trying to eat again, his mouth had so many spots in it that eating was a painful mission. Past the contagious stage anyways.
I texted a friend to see if she wanted to meet for lunch, braving a trip out with the gnome. I fed him before leaving so I could just eat in peace. We were happily and obliviously sitting in the sun eating and chatting, when the resturant owner came out and suggested I buy my boy a drink.....
he was drinking out of the rabbits bottle on the side of the cage!! Lets hope the poor bunny never got foot n mouth!!
Friday was our 10th wedding anniversary, YAY. I let the kids wag school, took them into grandma's and went off for a long overdue hair appointment. Told the lass to do what so ever she wanted as long as she never cut it. Freshened the color up and put a curl in it for me to go out with Shane that night. I treated myself to a new dress (with horror I realized all my little dresses were really only appropriate for the beach not for Queenstown resturants). We left all the kids for the night with Grandma and Grandad. I was relieved to be able to do this after how miserable Cai had been all week, I fully figured our little celebration was going to be cancelled. (The kids were not fazed at staying with the grandparents as they got treated like royality, they took them all down to watch the Burt Munroe bike challenge on Oreti Beach that night and Saturday morning and then to the Santa Parade!!)
Anyways back to us, Shane was meant to have a job to do up the Condola's in Queenstown that Friday arvo, but when we got there, plans had changed on the Queenstown end and he booked in to do it Saturday seen as we were staying up that night. After Booking in to our Motel, we wandered down town, booked some tickets to the late night viewing of Skyfall ( more enjoyable then I expected). We ate an entree at one resturant, main at another and finished with desert at yet another one. Took us nearly 3hours. Have no idea how long it has been since I have had Shane all to myself like that. Crawled into bed at 1am, feeling like the cat that got the cream with all this one on one time.
We had a late check out so we never got out of bed til half after 10 on the Saturday. Walked back down the lake front and chose yet another resturant to have our breakfast. Wandered the Saturday markets and then headed off to do Shanes job. Took all of half an hour and they gave us a couple of passes to go up the condola's and 3 rides on the luges. Well trying to waste Shanes butt on that was a joke, I put it down to weight, the heavier you are the faster they go. I will stick to that theory anyways!
 By then it was just about time to go to the airport and pick up my sister and her 5 kiddies. Sooo excited all over again I was. You know me, so excited I just about blew poor Ty to bits with my hug  :(
So there you have it, there will be plenty of cousin photos coming, you can just imagine the fun I am going to have this coming week ;)
Have a good week y'all X

No comments:

Post a Comment