Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Monday's Thrill

 
This guy rocked up on Monday afternoon & knocked on my door.
Where we are I get quite used to strangers knocking on the door, they want to camp on the section, they want to photograph the stag heads Shane has hanging as man throphies all around the place!! They want to photograph the trees or they are concerned about stock somewhere or the dead one thats been dead for a month ( I tell them it is seagull tucker!)
This guy was different, he asked if he could jump off the cliff behind our house!
How can I say NO to that. The day was perfect and he said he had always looked at this spot and wanted to try it for gliding.
oooooo yeeeeaaahhhh
Cai was no longer allowed to sleep, I rushed inside and woke him up, opened gates for this thrill seeker and went out to watch.
He just set it up and took off running over the side......
I must admit I was worried that he'd just drop straight to the bottom, get tangled in an electric fence or land in the sea.
I really should of figured he'd know what he was doing!!
He has a few goes, then informs me he is a tandem instructor from Queenstown and can give me a go!
Are you serious?????
Again how could I say No to that!
Made a quick call to Shane to tell him the go and just quietly have a skite ;)
A photographer from Southern Adventures had turned up so I had someone to watch Cai.
He gets me all strapped in and tells me to give a solid walk forward. Had hardly gone anywhere and my feet were airwalking and I was going rather fast backwards, then he tells me to run to go forwards, by heck mate I am dang well trying but my feet aren't even on the ground!!! Feel the pull on the harness and my gut spreads out over the strap around the middle, mentally thinking please don't take any photos now Mr Photographer, the airwalker gut hanger look is not flatering!
(I haven't seen his pics yet)
Then we are airborn and I am bum shuffled back into turtle shell seat I was carrying on my back. LOVED IT.
We went up and down the length of our farm, he had a go pro so I have a few pic's he took. He pulled a few moves to try and scare me, but that wasn't to be. We were doing one of our passes over the photographer and the school bus went past. I knew the kids would be straight out to see what was going on. We then went out over the sea and landed down on our beach. I had to run back up our hill with my turtle shell. He only came half way back up the hill and took off running back down the hill and up into the air he goes again, lazy hua, he got soar back up the top, I still bet him, lol.
Got back up the top and Cai goes "Cai turn, Cai turn", Cody was bouncing up and down wanting a go too! Maybe next time mate. He said he'd be back and any mates that want a go to come on up. Open invitation folks, take it while you can.


 
The funny thing was I was looking at booking Shane and I to go do this for our wedding anni, well even better, got to do it for free and in my own back yard

 
 Needless to say this guy made my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment