Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fishing at Sea

 
Bye bye land, we had a beauty evening and I got the call up from hubby to hook the boat up, take the cover off and get it all ready.....
 we'd be goin' fishing as soon as he got home from work.
I really liked the sound of that, it was a calm hot day and an evening out at sea would end it perfectly for me.
I went and after a little huffing n puffing got it hooked onto my truck, proud of myself that I hadn't broken anything or run anything over, but it all stopped there because when I got to the gate way and saw the muddy mess from the dairy grazers, I figured if I attempted towing through that I'd get stuck for sure!!!
So I left it there.
Pleased I did because Shane had to get creative trying to get through the gate.
The drama's didn't end there, we got down the ramp and Shane yelling instructions at me from the truck. I knew what I was doing alright, it just wasn't happening!!! So of course he comes bounding out of the truck, full of bluster.... blah blah blah
"just lift it woman!!!"
"I am lifting it HARVEY!!!"
get this, he could lift it too but guess what it still would move off the trailer!
To make matters worse the ramp is covered in green slime so can be a bit adventurous when the truck just starts sliding into the water.
He gets back in the truck, dunno what his plan was but he suddenly had a recollection of memory,
the light came on.....
the straps were still on the back!!!!
well by heck that would help.
It suddenly came off so easy, I knew I wasn't that useless.
Lessoned learned.
 
 
We hardly had the lines in and Cody got the first fish. He was very proud of that fact, he also caught two rock fish, they went straight back in. Next he caught two on his line. He had a great time.

 
Chey's great catch, I had to help her reel it in.
Cai was going great until he cut his finger, how he did it I dunno, jammed it somehow in the lid of the drink bottle. So it is was the scene of major dramas for him, typical male reaction to a bit of blood!
He wasn't so keen when the boat was moving either, a bit protestive over that but as soon as we stopped he would perk up and say "all gone"
 

 
talk about a beauty evening, we came home with a good feed for us all, just as well because the way my kids hoe into fish, you gotta be quick or you miss out. Little oinkers.

 
Perfect end to the day, in for a good nights sleep now thats for sure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment